[OpenLayers-Users] RE: Google Terrian map does not align with geometry

JK Chen jk.chen at sdl.usu.edu
Wed Jun 15 17:37:50 EDT 2011

OpenLayers's Google Terrain map can only zoom to 16. If setting the numZoomLevels to any value bigger than 16, then when zooming into those levels, the base map stay unchanged (which is a bug), which in turn causes vector layer to be misaligned, because the vector layer (the polygons) has been zoom in "correctly".

The maps from Google server has 20 levels. But within Openlayers, those levels are not being drawn. And it acts like it is drawing.

JK