[OpenLayers-Users] Search functionality in Openlayers/Geoserver

Vikash Talanki vikashtalanki at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 08:53:26 EDT 2011

I am using Openlayers,Geoserver & Postgis.... My postgis tables are having
columns as id, name, POINT/POLYGON/LINE. Each table corresponds to a layer
that I am showing in layerswitcher in OL. I am getting these layers via WMS
from geoserver.

I want to implement search functionality so that whenever a user gives a
string(name value of the table) in search box, he should be zoomed to that
particular feature on the map.

Can anyone guide me how to achieve this functionality??? Any help is highly
appreciated