[OpenLayers-Users] refresh some tiles dynamically

wangyang cnwy at 263.net
Sat Jun 18 13:08:48 EDT 2011

Hi,

  I want to refresh some tiles by features, below is my code and want to
improve the code to refresh image:

refreshByFeatures:function() {
        var features = this.featuresCache; //stores the features info
        var bounds;
        if (features) {
            for (var i = 0; i < features.length; ++i) {
                if (!bounds) {
                    bounds = features[i].geometry.getBounds();
                } else {
                    bounds.extend(features[i].geometry.getBounds());
        if (bounds) {
            var layer = map.getLayersByName(lay_name)[0];
            var tiles = layer.grid;

        for (var i = 0,rows = tiles.length; i < rows; i++) {
                for (var j = 0,cols = tiles[i].length; j < cols; j++) {
                    var tile = tiles[i][j];
                    var tilesBounds = tile.bounds;
                    //
                    if (tilesBounds.intersectsBounds(bounds)) {
                        //to refresh the tile, I have to append something to
the url to tell browser to retrieve the image. Is there an elegant way?
                        tile.imgDiv.src += '&1=1';

Thanks.

wangyang