[OpenLayers-Users] GeoJSON Fill Colors

pday pday at mitre.org
Mon Jun 20 08:35:48 EDT 2011

Hello,

I am trying to pass in GeoJSON to a simple proof of concept mapping example.
What I am hoping to do is pass a single GeoJSON file (hard-coded below only
for demo's sake, will be read in soon), with multiple polygons of different
colors.

Can this be done in a single GeoJSON file or am I restricted to coloring
them all the same per file? I tried setting the fillColor property under
each polygon in the featurecollection below but was unsuccessful.

My init() function is below that sets the map and parses two simple
polygons. Thank you

-Pat

 function init(){
            map = new OpenLayers.Map( 'map' );
            layer = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS( "OpenLayers WMS",
                    "http://vmap0.tiles.osgeo.org/wms/vmap0",
                    {layers: 'basic'} );
            map.addLayer(layer);
            map.setCenter(new OpenLayers.LonLat(lon, lat), zoom);
            var featurecollection = {
              "type": "FeatureCollection",
              "features": [
                {"geometry": {
                    "type": "GeometryCollection",
                    "geometries": [
						{
							type: "Polygon",
							coordinates:
							[[
								[-14.7656,  73.0309],
								[-30.2344, 46.0929],
								[-9.8438, -47.9709],
								[-94.9219, -59.1614],
								[-124.4531, -18.6194],
								[-155.3906, 45.6031],
								[-137.1094, 75.3272]
							]]
						},
						{
							type: "Polygon",
							coordinates:
							[[
								[-106.1719, -28.8968],
								[-16.1719, 41.5298],
								[39.3750, -37.1377]
							]]
						}
                    ],
                },
                "type": "Feature",
                "properties": {}}
              ]
           };
           var geojson_format = new OpenLayers.Format.GeoJSON();
           var vector_layer = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector();
           map.addLayer(vector_layer);
           vector_layer.addFeatures(geojson_format.read(featurecollection));