[OpenLayers-Users] Open Layers, basemap, Zoom Levels, nanoscale

ricckli riccardoklinger at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 14:59:57 EDT 2011

 Dear Users and experts

I am trying to create a Webmap with Geoserver 2.1 and OpenLayers. Therefore
I want to display satellite images, merged high-resolution photos and
micro-scale (nanometer, microns) REM-images in one webmap.
Yet I have figured out, that I will get some problems with the ZoomLevels.
Is there any workaround to change BaseMap by applied zoomlevel. As far as I
have understood, each BaseLayer provides his own resolution and scale-set.
Is this correct?

I have searched some hours to overcome this, but due to the fact, that i
would love to use the googlemaps base layer, nothing has worked for me!

is it maybe possible to set the map scale like this:
creating four diufferent scale and resolution sets and resetting the map
with this new set, depending wether the extent of the map is exceeding a
speciallevel of detail?

i would love to get some input from your or just some useful links that will
go a little further than this:
http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/wiki/SettingZoomLevels