[OpenLayers-Users] Re: more headaches with the twitter api

Nicholas Efremov-Kendall n.e.kendall at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 18:01:38 EDT 2011

Hi Ian,

Here are couple of the passed points and the functions which produce them
below. I've plotted these by hand, they fall into the 50km radius. Now that
I've reversed the order, the markers aren't added to the map, but if I leave
it as POINT(lat,lon) the marker is added, but off of the map.

POINT(-90.2514 38.5983)    POINT(-90.2113 38.6092)   POINT(-90.3462,38.6315)
    POINT(-90.258 38.6372)

function parseTweetsQ(){
if (tweetsQ.length > 0) {
var tweet = tweetsQ.pop();
if (tweet.geo){
var lon = tweet.geo.coordinates[1];
var lat = tweet.geo.coordinates[0];
tweet.point = new OpenLayers.Geometry.Point(lon,lat);
tweet.attributes = {};
plotTwt(tweet);}}}

function plotTwt(tweet){
alert(tweet.point);
tweet.feat = new OpenLayers.Feature.Vector(tweet.point);
tweetz.addFeatures(tweet.feat);
}