[OpenLayers-Users] Re: mytopo layer for USGS topo insead of terraservice?

Jennifer Maher maherj3 at scranton.edu
Thu Jun 23 16:38:16 EDT 2011

BMcBride <bmcbride at ...> writes:

> Hi Geoff,
>
> I have used MyTopo tiles in OL with no problems.  Follow MyTopo's
> instructions here:  http://www.mytopo.com/google/index.cfm
> http://www.mytopo.com/google/index.cfm  to receive an API key.  The easiest
> way to load the tiles is to simply make a WMS request to the TileCache like
> so:
>
> var mytopo_tms = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS(
> "MyTopo", "http://maps.mytopo.com/<your_api_key>/tilecache.py",
> {layers: 'topoG', srs: 'EPSG:900913', format: 'image/jpg',
> transparent:true},
> {isBaseLayer: true, singleTile: false, opacity:1, attribution: '
> http://www.mytopo.com Topo maps provided by provided by MyTopo.com '}
> );
>
> -----
> Bryan R. McBride, GISP
> http://www.bryanmcbride.com bryanmcbride.com
> http://geoserving.net/ geoserving.net

Bryan,

I am trying to set up a map to work with MyTopo maps, OSM, Google Terrain and
Google Satellite.  Will this work?  I have tried your code (inserting my own
MyTopo API key) but I get blank tiles on the MyTopo layer.  Could this be a
problem with the projections, which I admit I do not really understand?

Thanks,
Jennifer