[OpenLayers-Users] how to tell user "this scale is not available for this layer"

Alberto Valente alb.valente at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 08:15:24 EDT 2011

Hi, I have 2 layers and one is available (min-maxscale) from scale 1000 to
200000 and the other from 200000 to 400000 (sat and aerial photos).
If the user changes the active layer from one to the other, the map becomes
white (correctly since actual scale is not permitted for the other layer)
but I'd like to tell user that the scale is not available for this layer.

For example disabling the layer from layer chooser if the actual scale is
not allowed for it
or by switching to layer's nearest allowed scale
or by auto-switching back to the other layer and launching an alert();

How to do that?

thank you
alberto