[OpenLayers-Users] Re: Why WFS Layer is displaying very slowely over Google Map.

Ravi Pavuluri ravitheja at ymail.com
Fri Mar 4 10:42:10 EST 2011

Hi,

I would initially suggest what Phil and Alexandre mentioned earlier(going with
WMS initially for showing the features and wfs for getting the features). In
your case, the click doesn't come from map.

If you have a database serving your data, you can run Ajax call to the
database(use your server side language) and fetch the primary key you wanted
from the database based on entered text. Then you can run a WFS call to retrieve
the geometry for that feature based on primary key you fetched.

-Ravi.