[OpenLayers-Users] how to make simultanous wms calls in open layers

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Tue Mar 15 20:35:25 EDT 2011

Hey,

most browsers only do a small amount (~4) of requests to a single domain at the same time. If you want more tiles to be loaded in parallel, use more than one URLs, e.g.

http://tiles1.myhost.org/
http://tiles2.myhost.org/
http://tiles2.myhost.org/

They can all point to the same server.

Regards,
Andreas.

On Mar 15, 2011, at 01:14 , Imran Rajjad wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Im looking for a way for openlayers to make wms and gwc requests at
> the same time, currently I have a map with 1 wms layer and 4 gwc
> layers out of which 2 are baselayers. Things are working fine but it
> happens at times when user pans and zooms the map roughly with the wms
> layer enable , it seems openlayers first finishes loading the
> baselayers and then it comes towards the other overlays , I want
> openlayers to load all enable layers at once instead of loading one
> layer and then moving to the oher. Has anybody faced this problem
> before?
>
> regards,
> Imran
>
> --