[OpenLayers-Users] Select Multiple Points (within a Polygon) Across Multiple Polygons

jacobstr jacobstr at gmail.com
Wed May 4 20:02:53 EDT 2011

I'd like to be able to draw a selection box around multiple polygons on my
map and select the *individual points* within them (rather than the polygons
themselves).

I tried to add: `geometryTypes: ['OpenLayers.Geometry.Point']` to my
OpenLayers.Control.SelectFeature call, but it will only work on Features
who's geometry consists of a point (It won't work with a
Polygon->LinearRing->Point type of hierarchy).

In particular, the feature I'm trying to build is:
1. Select multiple points on a map.
2. Allow the user to "merge" the two points - their x and y coords will  be
averaged and both points will be moved to this averaged location.

I'm currently hacking away at my own version of this:
http://opengeo.org/technology/openlayers/coredevelopment/tool_sharedboundsedit/

Right now my feeling is I would have to extend the SelectFeature control -
which is what I had to do with DragFeature to enable dragging "shared"
vertices simultaneously.