[OpenLayers-Users] iPad popups go away on any touch

papley pga at enflight.com
Thu May 5 18:31:56 EDT 2011

Hello!

We have been very happy with the new touch extensions, and they mostly work
very well!

We noticed one issue on iPad:

On a non-touch browser, you can click on the interior of a popup
(AnchoredBubbles or FramedClouds) where there might be links or text that
you want to select.  On the iPad, tapping anywhere (inside or outside the
popup) causes the popup to go away suddenly as though you'd touched the
close box.

As far as we can tell, with AnchoredBubbles (but not FramedClouds), when you
touch on it and hold (so there is only a mousedown) the popup does not go
away immediately. If you touch and hold a link, the link is highlighted. But
as soon as you let go, the whole popup goes away.  The same thing happens in
the IOS simulator.

We're unfamiliar enough with the event model that we hesitate to log an
official bug report. Perhaps we're doing something wrong. Is anyone else
seeing this?  Any suggestions as to what we might do differently?

We're using trunk version 11888, IOS v4.3.2.