[OpenLayers-Users] Re: Max size KML description content

Peter Peterse peter at peterse-uithuizen.com
Fri May 6 04:06:51 EDT 2011

Hello Rossco,

thanks for your support. I will look to improve the KML to be validate
correcly.

But if I insert the html tags in the description than the size of the
content will only be bigger.

Firefox cuts off more than 1500 characters. When You click on the item in
the middle of the map a javascript alert will give you the lenght of the
content. Firefox give 4096 (very nice value 4*1024!!) IE gives 5671
characters (the complete set)

Regards,
Peter