[OpenLayers-Users] Re: Max size KML description content

Rossko rossko at culzean.clara.co.uk
Tue May 10 05:05:56 EDT 2011

> But if I insert the html tags in the description than the size of the
> content will only be bigger.

You may have missed my point ; your map is displayed in a webpage wrapped in
Different browsers will get upset in different ways.

Your KML <description> includes <html>content</html>, so when this is
displayed on your page it wil be invalid.  Results are unpredictable.

Make your <description> into HTML snippets that remain valid when added to

It may or may not fix your problem, but no-one will want to look into your
problem if you are starting out with garbage data.