[OpenLayers-Users] How to capture a mouse-up event?

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Mon May 16 15:11:25 EDT 2011

Hi,

   FYI, there is no "mouseup" event in the OpenLayers.Map class.  You
could use the "moveend" and/or "zoomend" events.  Here's an other way of
registering events :

map.events.on({"moveend": function(e) {
     alert("map moveend");
}, "zoomend": function(e) {
     alert("map zoomend");
}, scope: map});

Use firebug to set breakpoints on the "alert" lines to see the value of
"this" (scope) and "e" (parameter of the callback methods).

Best regards,

Alexandre

On 11-05-16 01:40 PM, Simon Appelt wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> maybe something like this should work:
> map.events.register("mouseup", this, function() { alert("untested")});
>
> greetings,
> Simon Appelt
>

> Am 16.05.2011 17:35, schrieb PixelPusher:
>> I'm trying to figure out how to trigger an event when the user stops
>> panning and/or zooming. I found the "click" example, but I don't see
>> that helping me solve the problem. Are there any specific examples
>> that I should look at to do this?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Thom
>>
>> --