[OpenLayers-Users] Multiple Zoomify Layers Problem

Jan Wedel jan.wedel at googlemail.com
Wed May 18 03:15:53 EDT 2011

Hi,

I was trying to find some infos in the mailing list, the examples and the
API doc but couldn't find and help there. I hope someone might be able to
help me.

I have multiple scanned maps as zoomify tiles and try to display them using
OpenLayers.Layer.Zoomify. Each map has a different size in pixels and
geographic extent but cover approximately the same area. That means all maps
have
a common center as long/lat.

I tried ONE zoomify layer with pixel as unit according to the example on
Openlayers.org and it works great. But when I add additional zoomify layers
this display is corrupted. it shows me some
empty tile, in the JS console I can see it tries to access tiles that are
not existing. I guess also the Zoom levels are broken somehow...

I tried to apply the options to each layer instead of the map itself but
with no luck. I tried the MultiMap layer as base layer (without know what is
exactly for -> no hints in the documentation) but also no luck.
I tried to find out what options (Extent, center etc) I need to set for each
layer what for a map but I guess I'm stuck.

Could anyone tell please tell what layer/map options are necessary if I have
the following information about each zoomify map:
- name
- tiles url
- width/height (pixels)
- upper/left corner long/lat
- lower/right corner long/lat

I guess I need to set up the zoom levels, the extent and probably even more
for each layer correctly and for map but I don't know how and what would be
correct. Additionally, I don't want to use pixels as the unit but regular
geo coordinatas as long/lat.

Thanks a lot!