[OpenLayers-Users] WFS layer data extent and loading strategies

Mathieu Coudert mathieu.coudert at gmail.com
Thu May 19 04:40:15 EDT 2011

Hi all,

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 12:23 PM, Trond Michelsen <
trondmm-openlayers at crusaders.no> wrote:

> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 09:21:46AM +0200, François Van Der Biest wrote:
> > Hi Sevastien,
> > 2011/5/18 Favre, Sebastien <Sebastien.Favre at spotimage.fr>:
> >> In fact, I need to know the full data extent of a WFS layer even if
> >> the displayed map area contains no feature of it.  I have tried to
> >> use the WFSCapabilities objet to get the information but there is
> >> no mapping of fields WGS84BoundingBox, LowerCorner and UpperCorner
> >> which could be helpful.
> > It would be great if you could provide a patch to
> > OpenLayers.Format.WFSCapabilities to parse those fields.
>
> I don't mind creating a patch to add this, but it's not quite as
> straight forward as one might think.
>
> First of all, the element changed name from v1.0.0 to v1.1.0 from
> LatLongBoundingBox to WGS84BoundingBox. Should the OpenLayers
> WFSCapabilities object have a single parameter for both versions, or
> should the object have a parameter named latlongboundingbox or
> wgs84boundingbox depending on the version of the capabilities
> document?

Any thought on that?
I would be in favor of a single parameter such as "wgs84bbox" or "bbox" with
a dedicated method for each implementation (ie. v1_1_0 and v1_0_0) but maybe
I'm wrong!

I'm also wondering about the existence and the effective use in that context
of readers in OWSCommon classes.
Does anybody could give me some hints about the use of this format and the
way to use its readers?

Thansk,

--
Mathieu