[OpenLayers-Users] proxypass and Proxy.cgi

Mustafa646 noorcs22 at gmail.com
Sun May 22 16:16:01 EDT 2011

what is difference between proxypass and proxy.cgi ? why we use them?

my OL application and Geoserver are both on same production server and i can
access geoserver from outside world at http://93.45.32.11:8080/geoserver/web
when Port 8080 is open in firewall. But, If port 8080 is closed, then i
could not access http://93.45.32.11/geoserver/web.

Now, for accessing  http://93.45.32.11/geoserver/web at port 80 (IIS is also
at 80), whether i need proxypass or proxy.cgi ?
i am confused between the two. What is the easiest and best solution so that
i can access Geoserver at port 80 from outside world?