[OpenLayers-Users] proxypass and Proxy.cgi

christopher.schmidt at nokia.com christopher.schmidt at nokia.com
Mon May 23 09:04:20 EDT 2011

The OpenLayers example script proxy.cgi is not designed to solve this problem.

ProxyPass in Apache is a way to solve this problem, but won't really help you
if your webserver is IIS; I presume IIS has similar proxying capabilities.

Proxy.cgi is used to solve a different problem; if your OpenLayers content is hosted
on the same host/port/scheme as your geo server, then you don't need it.

-- Chris