[OpenLayers-Users] Questions about Markers and Text markers

Michael mdm at yachtpc.com
Wed May 25 11:35:27 EDT 2011

In my application, each time I add a feature of the type I want listed,
I add a call to a javascript function (jquery, actually) that adds it to
my list on the side.

There are many pre-existing scripts for sortable tables and the like,
but there will be some javascript coding.

An alternative would be to render the page with a mixture of js and PHP,
where PHP (or some other server-side language) queries the database and
spits out properly-formatted web page elements.  I'm doing that right
now and can say that at the end of the day you end up looking at as much
javascript as you would have otherwise.  But I got it to work, so that's
something.

Whether you use XML or JSON or .csv or (as I do) a rendered .js file to
transfer the data to the web page is a matter of design choice.

Michael