[OpenLayers-Users] Questions about Markers and Text markers

Nicholas Efremov-Kendall n.e.kendall at gmail.com
Wed May 25 11:53:24 EDT 2011

Miguel,

I think you either need to tell us a little more about what you're trying to
do, or go back to the basics of web programming. OpenLayers is a Javascript
library. How you store the GIS data on your server and how you deliver it to
OL is up to you. You can use proprietary software, like ArcGIS server, or
free stuff like mapserver, geoserver, etc. You can also write your own GML
files. However, all of those options will still require you to customize the
output in the client via javascript, there's no way around that I'm afraid.
This list is primarily for people who are working with javascript. So, if
you can tell us more about what you want to do we can be more helpful.
Complaining that there's a lot of javascript to write on a
javascript-library user's list is counter-productive to helping you.