[OpenLayers-Users] WFS success with error

Vikash Talanki vikashtalanki at gmail.com
Fri May 27 09:58:43 EDT 2011

Hi frnds,

      I am trying to load WFS from geoserver. my geoserver is at
localhost:8080 and webserver at localhost:80. Since there is a problem of
crossdomain and my firebug showing "XMLHttpRequest cannot load
http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wfs. Origin http://localhost is not allowed
by Access-Control-Allow-Origin"
I have created a proxy.cgi following
http://www.gistutor.com/geoserver/21-intermediate-geoserver-tutorials/38-configuring-geoserver-proxy-for-public-and-remote-data-access.html.
But when I go to http://localhost/cgi-bin/proxy.cgi its giving me openlayers
site,when there is no proxy and just leading to http://localhost/xampp, when
there is a proxy(here proxy is my institute proxy to connect to internet )..

My problem is I am able to load the data from geoserver successfully(as if
everything is fine) but my firebug is showing "POST
http://localhost/cgi-bin/proxy.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%3A8080%2Fgeoserver%2Fwfs
undefined (undefined)". I am including OpenLayers.ProxyHost =
"/cgi-bin/proxy.cgi?url="; in my JS and

protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
            version: "1.0.0",
            srsName: "EPSG:4326", // this is the default
            url:  "http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wfs",
            featureType: "states",
            featureNS: "http://www.openplans.org/topp"
        }),

I want to know why its working fine still giving me the error, Whats the
error  is about and how to fiix it......

Any help is highly appreciated..........