[OpenLayers-Users] Odd issue with extent of VirtualEarth maps

Martin Jansen martin at divbyzero.net
Tue Oct 4 05:29:33 EDT 2011

When trying to display a VirtualEarth layer in OpenLayers, I am running
into an odd issue that seems to be related to the map extents:

http://123.divbyzero.net/~martin/map/map.html

Right after loading, the VirtualEarth layer is centered on the United
States while the documentation claims that the default extent is (-180,
-90, 180, 90). On the first double-click event the map "zooms out" to
the whole world.

Is this expected behavior? Did I do something wrong?

- Martin