AW: [OpenLayers-Users] WFS getFeature, save result as gml

stash steffen.schwarz85 at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 5 06:48:13 EDT 2011

thanks for the answer, but that wasn't my main problem. the main problem was,
to get the gml of the getfeature request. normally, the output of the wfs
getfeature is an object including all information (data) of the clicked
entry on the map. but I wanted to have the gml file, which is generated when
using a wfs getfeature.

after some research in the internet and a bit of try and error i found a
solution.

var gml_xml = new OpenLayers.Format.GML;
gml_xml = gml_xml.write(e.feature);

now the gml is in the variable gml_xml.

I'm not sure, if i really want to save the gml or just to show it on the
screen. but when i try to save it, i take a look at your answer.