[OpenLayers-Users] how to transform meters to degrees for radius paramater of st_dwithin function

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Mon Oct 10 16:54:17 EDT 2011

My way of doing it. Make two points, one the centre of the circle for
within and one x meters away. Create projection objects for both 4326
and your webmap meter projection. If the webmap projection is not
900913, then remember to include the projection definition script.
Transform the points to 4326, substract and send that. I dont know
st_dwithin (I use the above when a DWITHIN filter on WFS) but also check
whether it expects lat/lon or lon/lat order.