[OpenLayers-Users] How can I get a mobile browser to trap a click event like I can for a PC web browser?

John Mitchell mitchelljj98 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 19:11:40 EDT 2011

I am using openlayers 2.11 and I am able to trap the click event (See below
code) from a PC web browser but within an ipad2 the click event does not get
trapped.

I have tried using the *map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.Navigation());
* and map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.TouchNavigation()); and for both
cases I get the same result described above.

How can I get a mobile browser to trap a click event like I can for a PC web
browser?

Thanks,

John

*            map.events.register('click', map, function (e) {
                updateMapState();
                    var xys = map.getLonLatFromViewPortPx(e.xy);
                    var easting = xys.lon;
                    var northing = xys.lat;
                    var point = new OpenLayers.LonLat(easting,northing);
                    getFeatureInfoForLonLat(point);
                    Event.stop(e);
            });
*