[OpenLayers-Users] multiple vector layers

Brad Spencer brad at numaps.com.au
Sun Oct 16 23:11:57 EDT 2011

List,

I have a single markup vector layer [layer1] and I want to add a JSON vector
layer [layer2] and work on the markup layer [layer1] snapping to both
layers[layer1 & layer2]. This works fine so far.

Now I want to merge the vector from both markup [layer1] and JSON loaded
layer [layer2] into a single layer [layer3] for saving into a new JSON file.

I have looked at OpenLayers.Layer.Vector.RootContainer as it looks like it
should allow me to look at multiple layers and I assume I can set it up to
save the layer3 as well.

I have not been able to make it work so was wondering if there are any
examples out there I could have a look at?

Cheers, Brad....