[OpenLayers-Users] Several layers with different projections

dubbaluga rainer.poisel at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 11:15:26 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am pretty new to OpenLayers and GIS in general. Is it possible to have
several layers with different projections in one OpenLayers.Map?

I want to have both a WMS based layer (OpenLayers.Layer.WMS) and a
OpenStreetMap layer (OpenLayers.Layer.OSM) which can be chosen by the
LayerSwitcher as a base layer. From a programmer's point of view it was
possible to do so, but as I have a vector layer (OpenLayers.Layer.Vector),
it gets tricky, as that requires me to translate all points manually from
one projection to the other.

Could someone please give me a hint on where to look for further information
regarding this topic? So far I have been reading the following without
getting a clue from it:
 * http://www.peterrobins.co.uk/it/olchangingprojection.html
 * http://docs.openlayers.org/library/spherical_mercator.html

Thanks in advance for your help!