[OpenLayers-Users] Zoom out on Android

Adam Eskreis aeskreis at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 11:57:08 EDT 2011

A browser can implement multitouch if it implements its own javascript
engine, however using the default android browser, there are no multitouch
javascript events being sent.  Please do not confuse applications that use
the default android browser and allow for magnification of the entire
webview as multitouch.  Even though the browser will allow u the ability to
scale the page, that will not translate to multi touch events that
javascript can understand, and OpenLayers will not zoom the map based on
these events.

Maybe in the future someone will make an Android browser that implements
multitouch on the JS level but as far as I know this hasnt happened yet
(though this is one area, as an Android user and developer, that I would
love to be proved wrong about)