[OpenLayers-Users] Difference between WMS and WFS on the same Geoserver Layer

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Mon Oct 24 16:26:40 EDT 2011

> the point features in these two layers differ for about 300 meters.
> They use the same Geoserver (2.1.1) layer. Native SRS  is EPSG:900913,
> Declared SRS is EPSG:4236. The WFS is correct. What's wrong with the WMS?
Hmm. That is interesting. I would ask this question on the geoserver
list as well. The key question is whether the coordinate received from
WFS is being scaled to the correct location on the tile, (OL issue) or
whether the layer is being correctly drawn by WMS. (geoserver issue). If
you can calculate a feature positions in pixel terms from tile origin by
hand, then you could compare with same pixel location by tracing through
the OL render with firebug. This would settle whether the problem is.

--
Phil Scadden, Senior Scientist GNS Science Ltd 764 Cumberland St,
Private Bag 1930, Dunedin, New Zealand Ph +64 3 4799663, fax +64 3 477 5232