[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers and GeoWebCache on GeoServer

gbrun gbrun at myopera.com
Tue Sep 27 10:42:10 EDT 2011

I'm sorry, I'm not used to work with Google layers! :(

One of the most common problem using GeoWebCache and OpenLayers together
is that you need to specify appropriate resolutions/scales in your
OpenLayers map. These resolutions/scales should also appear in your
GeoWebCache layers configuration.

By the way, in GeoServer, you can identify the GeoWebCache error (if you
use a GeoWebCache embedded in your GeoServer) in the log file (or in the
panel admin). You can take a look at it!

Geoffrey

Le Tue, 27 Sep 2011 15:57:22 +0200, Dipl. Inf. Carsten Eider
<eider at fh-bingen.de> a écrit:

> Hi Geoffrey,
>
> thank you for your small hints, but my maxExtent=restrictedExtend=The
> Google-Earth
>
> I would like to add some more baselayers resricted to some parts of
> germany explicitly as any layer other than normal wms.
>
> Any best-practice examples available?
>
> Carsten
>
> Am 27.09.2011 11:39, schrieb gbrun:
>> Maybe a tip: in your map, you need to specify the maxExtent property
>> with the bounds you defined in the projection you used for your
>> GeoWebCache layers. Afterwards, you can specify the restrictedExtent
>> of your map with the extent you want to see at the screen. This way,
>> your map has the same bounds as your GeoWebCache layers: thus, there
>> are no misalignment for your tiles (they have the same origin) between
>> the one requested by OpenLayers and the others sent by GeoWebCache.
>>
>> This tip depends on the way you have configured your GeoWebCache. In
>> my case, it works with WMS layers (not TMS) and a global projection
>> defined in GeoWebCache and assigned to each layer.
>>
>> Geoffrey
>>

>> Le Tue, 27 Sep 2011 11:13:35 +0200, Dipl. Inf. Carsten Eider
>> <eider at fh-bingen.de> a écrit:
>>
>>> Hi list,
>>>
>>> I am looking for working examples where Openlayers uses
>>> WMTS/TMS/TileCache layers in order
>>> to get tiles from a geowebcache on a geoserver.
>>>
>>> I have unsuccessfully worked through all examples on openlayers, but
>>> nothing really works.
>>> Obviously i don't know how to define the bounded box of my layers.
>>>
>>> Are there any working examples where OL is explicitly connected to a
>>> geowebcache with maps restricted on defined bounds?
>>>
>>>  TIA Carsten

Geoffrey BRUN

Étudiant en master SIGMA
Stagiaire au PNR du Haut-Languedoc