[OpenLayers-Users] Updated Google Maps API and 3D

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Dec 3 17:11:36 PST 2012

Hi Andreas,

I created a ticket:
    https://github.com/openlayers/ol3/issues/89
please feel free to add to it as appropriate.

I can think of a couple of use cases that this might come in handy for:

1. one is the obvious one of something like Street View
2. another is being able to do a walk through or fly through the
environment. This could be done via user controls like look right, left,
up, down and move forward, backwards, right left. Or it could be done by
creating a path or route through the scene and then flying the camera
along the path. This might be a sequence of points in space where each
point has attributes for the camera, like azimuth, elevation, camera
angle, etc.

Thanks,
   -Steve