[OpenLayers-Users] WMSGetFeatureInfo Proxy

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Thu Dec 6 12:11:30 PST 2012

I'm not sure if I am really following this, but in my setup, I just use
the URL of remote wms in my wmsgetfeatureinfo (ie I dont understand why
you have a url of "'http://myserver/wmsserver/proxy?url='") In the
configuration of the proxy used by ProxyHost, I add the address of all
remote servers that I am going to use.
The effect of the ProxyHost setting is to change all you GET calls from say
http://wmsserver/wms/etc to
http://myserver/proxy.jsp?url=http://wmsserver/wms/etc

The proxy decides whether the url passed in a parameter is allowed or not.