[OpenLayers-Users] How many layers can I use with "OpenLayers.Control.WMSGetFeatureInfo"

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Mon Dec 10 14:01:53 PST 2012

Depends on how you are using WMSGetFeatureInfo. The WMSGetFeatureInfo
control does a GET.  You could use a click handler and explicitly do a
request.POST.

However, back to the structure -- I understand the need to have
different layers with different colours (though it looks to me like you
could achieve the same thing with an SLD). The question though is
whether the wmsgetfeatureInfo has to made against the same layer as you
are displaying. Use the layers property on the control (not documented
but see the source code) to specify a hidden layer by which the query is
done on.