[OpenLayers-Users] How many layers can I use with "OpenLayers.Control.WMSGetFeatureInfo"

Karina Guardado kguardado at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 14:21:22 PST 2012

Do you have an example please using  this part where you mention "the
layers property on the control (not documented
but see the source code) to specify a hidden layer by which the query is
done on". Also if you have a link to an example how to use the Post method
please.

Thank you so much for your help

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 4:01 PM, Phil Scadden <p.scadden at gns.cri.nz> wrote:

> Depends on how you are using WMSGetFeatureInfo. The WMSGetFeatureInfo
> control does a GET.  You could use a click handler and explicitly do a
> request.POST.
>
> However, back to the structure -- I understand the need to have
> different layers with different colours (though it looks to me like you
> could achieve the same thing with an SLD). The question though is
> whether the wmsgetfeatureInfo has to made against the same layer as you
> are displaying. Use the layers property on the control (not documented
> but see the source code) to specify a hidden layer by which the query is
> done on.
>
> Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential. If received in
> error please destroy and immediately notify us. Do not copy or disclose the
> contents.

M.Sc. Karina Guardado
Celular: (503) 7115 2898