[OpenLayers-Users] How many layers can I use with "OpenLayers.Control.WMSGetFeatureInfo"

Karina Guardado kguardado at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 17:58:36 PST 2012

Thank you so much!!!!, this is the solution for my problem, I just add the
following line as you sujested:
 map.Z_INDEX_BASE.Popup = 5000;

And now I have no problems with the popup , now I can close them for
wathever layer that I load and even when I have many layers and it does not
matter if the layer is the last one or the first one.

So I'm sure this solution as the other ones that many people has mentioned
will be very usefull for others.

best regards and thank you very much!!!
saludos y muchas gracias!!!

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 4:32 PM, Matt Priour <mpriour at kestrelcomputer.com>wrote:

>  On 12/10/2012 3:24 PM, Karina Guardado wrote:
>
> Thank you for the idea, you know the point is that I need to have diferent
> queries to visualize just a certain area and give a different color to the
> municipalities that belong to that area so I nee different layers for that
> but I see that the main problem is  when I have  the tree to select the
> layer if I locate one layer in the last position I have problems with the
> popup but  when I locate the same layer in the first positions I have no
> problems.
>
> So I found that the problem is more related with the amount of layers I'm
> using even when I use just a few ones in the WMSGetFeatureInfo to retrieve
> information. People in other emails say that is related with the browser
> limitation and I think that I should probably use mainly a Post and not a
> Get metho but have no idea about how to do that, does it mean no to use
> WMSGetFeatureInfo ?
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> best regards
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 2:20 PM, Phil Scadden <p.scadden at gns.cri.nz>wrote:
>
>> I am not familiar with Mapserver at all, however it looks to me like
>> each of your layers are in fact queries (EXPRESSION(etc)) on some deeper
>> baselayer. ( agisdependencias) Could you serve the baselayer (but not
>> display it) and do the WMSGetFeatureInfo just against this single layer?
>>
>> Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential. If received in
>> error please destroy and immediately notify us. Do not copy or disclose the
>> contents.

> M.Sc. Karina Guardado
> Celular: (503) 7115 2898

>  The popup hiding issue is a z-Index problem. When you get lots of layers
> in your map, it is possible that they have a higher z-Index than the
> default z-Index value of the popup.
> The best way to fix this (besides using less layers) is to do this:
>
> OpenLayers.Map.Z_INDEX_BASE.Popup = 900;
>
> somewhere in your application, before any popups are created.
>
> Matt Priour
> Kestrel Computer Consulting

M.Sc. Karina Guardado
Celular: (503) 7115 2898