[OpenLayers-Users] SelectFeature when using IE<9 or IE9 Compatibility View

digitalfox andreas at digitalfox.se
Mon Feb 6 03:42:00 EST 2012

*Background*

We have an implementation where the user is able to add features to a vector
layer using the DrawFeature control. Basically all feature types are allowed
but mainly the Point-feature is drawn. We have abstracted a new feature that
we call /Flag/ which basically is a Point but we style it using StyleMap and
unique value rules. For a flag we typically change the following attributes
to display a flag-like feature (which also is movable through the
ModifyFeature-control):

externalGraphic: '${c_externalGraphic}'

graphicWidth: '${c_graphicWidth}',

graphicHeight: '${c_graphicHeight}',

graphicOpacity: '${c_graphicOpacity}',

graphicXOffset: '${c_graphicXOffset}',

graphicYOffset: '${c_graphicYOffset}'

*Problem*

We use the SelectFeature-control to "onSelect" display a popup containing
various information. Everything works great in IE9, FireFox and Chrome.
However, /In IE9 Compatibility View/ or older versions, the 'Flag'-feature
(i.e. styled Point) can't be selected properly. It looks like the
image-element is "on top" of the selectable area. If lucky, there's maybe
one or two pixels outside of the image, i.e. externalGraphic that is
"selectable" but i guess this depends on the size of the externalGraphic.

Any ideas on how to solve this annoying problem?