[OpenLayers-Users] Re: SelectFeature when using IE<9 or IE9 Compatibility View

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Tue Feb 14 03:21:07 EST 2012

Hi Peter,

the example to test this is
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/styles-rotation.html (hover over
features to see the SelectFeature control in action). For what it's
worth, it works fine in both IE8 and IE9 for me. The thing with IE9
and vector rendering is that you really shouldn't be using
compatibility mode. If you do so, neither VML nor SVG work properly.

Andreas.

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 9:05 PM, Peter Peterse
<peter at peterse-uithuizen.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I don't think it's the solution. In my last mail I create an example where
> the dragFeature worked with IE8 and FireFox, but not with IE9. I create also
> the example with removing the rotation, but in my case I need this
> functionality.
> I think it's a bug of OL, but I don't know where to look for.
>
> Regards, Peter
>
> Op 9-2-2012 14:42, digitalfox schreef:
>
> Solution found!
>
> After basically two days of constant debugging by removing and adding
> functionality piece by piece, I've figured out what caused the problem.
>
> As I've stated earlier, we create a StypeMap based on the default styles of
> the Vector-layer and extended with our custom values. While debugging, I
> noticed that if the StyleMap used only the default styles of the
> Vector-layer, the SelectFeature-control would function in all versions of
> Internet Explorer. But if we added our custom styles, the
> SelectFeature-control would fail. So why was this?
>
> The style-property that was causing the problem was the rotation-property.
> We added this to the styles with a value of '0', i.e. no rotation as the
> default value for the property. However, this caused our features to not be
> selectable when using Internenet Explorer versions older than 9 (verified
> using IE9 CV, IE8, IE7). Everything works great in FireFox and Chrome
> though!
>
> Simply removing the property from the styles solved the problem!

Andreas Hocevar
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/