[OpenLayers-Users] using mapserver for wmsgetfeatureinfo

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Thu Feb 16 02:47:18 EST 2012

You can also do a GetFetureInfo popup from remote servers without
proxy. Don't use the WMSGetFeatureInfo control, but create a popup
with an IFrame as content, where you compose the url manually using
the click position (xy property of the click event).

Andreas.

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 7:42 AM, S Coetzer <geotech.sarel at gmail.com> wrote:
> I found using WMS features outside geoserver also in mapserver is
> troublesome due to proxy authentication.
>
> WMS is an "ajax" request back to your server which require some sort of
> authentication. You can use Firebug->console tab to check whether its an
> proxy issue.
>

> Sarel Coetzer | GIS Developer
>
> Malaria Research Programme
> Medical Research Council
> Tel : 031 203 47 94
> http://www.malaria.org.za/
>

> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 2:12 PM, Mark Volz <volzmark at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am having trouble getting openlayers to use mapserver for
>> wmsgetfeatureinfo.  Does anyone have any examples that I could use?  Most of
>> what I came across  thus far is for geoserver, not mapserver.
>>
>> Thanks

Andreas Hocevar
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/