[OpenLayers-Users] Combining WFS-T with paging strategy

Hugo hfpmartins at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 11:21:10 EST 2012

Hello all,

I would like to hear your suggestions on combining the Paging strategy with
a vector WFS-T layer. I am developing an app with support for spatial
editing through the use of WFS-T (which is being served through GeoServer
2.1.3). I have already implemented all spatial editing functionalities and
they are working fine. But then i started to think that, over time, all WFS
layers will get lots of features and that may impose severe problems for
the client app. So i thought of using the paging strategy. This was very
easy to achieve however i have problems when editing, for example: if i add
a new fetaure i stop seeing all the others (even if i am at the very last
page), if i delete a feature from the map, all other features disapear also
(altought they are not deleted).

So what is the best way to deal with these particularities?
Thanks in advance. Cheers,
Hugo

--
Hugo Martins