[OpenLayers-Users] Read a wmc without destroy the map

Arnaud JEAN-CHARLES a.jean-charles at valabre.com
Mon Jan 16 03:35:55 EST 2012

Hi,

I would like to read a Web Map Context to modify the options of my map :
ZoomLevel, BoudingBox, layers visibility...
I followed the OpenLayers WMC example.
First I tried:

map = format.read(text, {map: map}); // the merge solution

But it creates new layers and doesn't refresh the map.

So I tried :

map.destroy();
map = format.read(text, {map: mapOptions});

But I have an error in my MapPanel and M. Matt Prior answered me that
map.destroy() is the worse solution :
"NO! Never destroy the map unless you want it really and truly gone for
good."

Do you know another solutions to load a WMC or do I have to parse the
data to extract parameters ?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Arno