[OpenLayers-Users] WFS not displayed (GML looks fine)

wingmanzz scott.stewart at nbtsolutions.com
Mon Jan 30 17:01:04 EST 2012

Hi

I have a problem with OpenLayers 2.11 talking to  WFS server provided by an
ArcGIS 10.2 server. The XML comes back from the server properly (as far as I
can tell), the features are added to the map (173 of them show up when I
examine/debug the map object in Chrome), and the number of features grows
and shrinks as I would expect it to when I zoom in and out or pan to move
features our of the map extent, but there are no features shown at all. The
styles are the defaults styles, but I have tried other default styles to no
avail.

The points come back as such:

geometry: OpenLayers.Geometry.Point.OpenLayers.Class.initialize
     bounds: OpenLayers.Bounds.OpenLayers.Class.initialize
     id: "OpenLayers.Geometry.Point_145"
     x: 4715701.3611736
     y: -11422711.075058

What is going wrong here? I can post some GML from the GetFeature request if
it would help...

Code:

      var map;
      var layer;
      var wfslayer;
      var geographic = new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:4326");
      var mercator = new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:900913");

      var lon = -98.393;
      var lat = 38.445;
      var zoom = 4;
      OpenLayers.ProxyHost = "/demo/simpleproxy.php?mode=native&url=";

      var center_mercator =
OpenLayers.Layer.SphericalMercator.forwardMercator(lon, lat);
      center_mercator_x = center_mercator.lon;
      center_mercator_y = center_mercator.lat;

	               var options =   {
						   projection: mercator,
						   units: "m",
						   maxExtent: new OpenLayers.Bounds(-20037508.34, -20037508.34,
20037508.34, 20037508.34)
				   };

            map = new OpenLayers.Map( 'map', options );

	     var osmLayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.OSM("OpenStreetMap");
			osmLayer.projection = aliasproj;
			map.addLayer(osmLayer);

	         wfslayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.WFS(
            "OpenLayers WFS",

"http:/xxxxx/ArcGIS/services/RRNP/RRNP_NHAS_Federal_Partners_WFS/GeoDataServer/WFSServer?",
                        {
                        typename: "Fed_Partners",
                        extractAttributes: true,
						version: "1.1.0",
						srsName: "EPSG:4326"
						},
						{
							 projection: new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:4326"),
							 isBaseLayer: false,
							 extractAttributes: true
						}
			);

			map.addLayer(wfslayer);

		        //no features until I refresh..
			wfslayer.refresh();

	    // Add non-default controls to the map canvas
            map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.MousePosition());
            map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.LayerSwitcher());

            // Set Map Center and Zoom Level
            map.setCenter(new OpenLayers.LonLat(center_mercator_x,
center_mercator_y), zoom);