[OpenLayers-Users] Odd WMS behavior

RobSmart r_n_smart at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 3 01:59:07 PDT 2012

Hi All,

I've tried searching the net but can't anything on this issue, so hopefully
its an easy one for someone that knows more about openlayers than me.

I've got an instance of openlayers that uses the OSM layer, and a WMS hosted
by us using geoserver.

To create the WMS layer I just copied and pasted the relevant parts from the
openlayers demo in geoserver. The WMS is set as a base layer.

The odd behavior is that when I select the WMS, the map instantly zooms to
the max zoom level of the wms. Also the dragging and zooming functionality
does not work. When I switch back to the OSM layer, all is fine, but if I go
back to the WMS, dragging and zooming stops again. Its really odd, because
it works fine the geoserver demo so I can't think that its anything to do
with that.

Any ideas would be very useful.

Thanks,

Rob Smart