[OpenLayers-Users] Panel with Navigation control, mouse wheel zoom deactivated

Armin Burger armin.burger at gmx.net
Sun Mar 4 12:59:46 EST 2012

Hi everybody

I noticed that if I replace in the panel control the "MouseDefaults"
control with the "Navigation" control then the default mouse operation
for the mouse wheel (zoom in/out) is deactivated if any other tool than
the Navigation (e.g. the zoom control) is active.

If I switch back to using MouseDefaults instead, then everything is fine
(but this control is marked as deprecated...). One can easily see this
behaviour with the "panel.html" from the "examples" directory. Is this
deactivated mouse wheel zoom an intended behaviour? I have not found any
setting that would avoid this.

Thx in advance for any help
Armin