[OpenLayers-Users] Panel with Navigation control, mouse wheel zoom deactivated

Armin Burger armin.burger at gmx.net
Wed Mar 7 17:15:50 EST 2012

I found now a solution to remove this strange (but likely intended)
behaviour. In case some is interested:

The deactivation of the mouse wheel for all other controls in the panel
is caused by the deactivation in the Navigation.js -> deactivate()
function. If one removes/comments out there the line

   this.handlers.wheel.deactivate();

the mouse wheel function is available also for the other panel tools. If
one wants to keep also the drag/pan function (useful for example for a
map identify tool), one can also remove or comment out the line

this.dragPan.deactivate();

I put everything outside in a function to overwrite the standard
Navigation behaviour, like

OpenLayers.Control.Navigation.prototype.deactivate = function() {
     if (this.pinchZoom) {
         this.pinchZoom.deactivate();
     }
     this.zoomBox.deactivate();
     //this.dragPan.deactivate();
     this.handlers.click.deactivate();
     //this.handlers.wheel.deactivate();
     return OpenLayers.Control.prototype.deactivate.apply(this,arguments);
}

So far at least I have not noticed negative side effects of this
modification.

armin