[OpenLayers-Users] new OpenLayers.Layer.OSM.Osmarender("Osmarender") - broken??

geep999 geep999 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 16 05:52:07 EDT 2012

Hi,
Dozens of my maps which worked reliably until the yesterday (15 Mar 2012)
are now broken.
The layer selector partially opens showing "Mapnik", and the zoom selector
is at maximum zoom. Then it hangs.
No map - just white.
Broken example here:  http://pgg999.co.uk/gpx/osmarenderbroken.html
http://pgg999.co.uk/gpx/osmarenderbroken.html
Workaround (no Osmarender) here:
http://pgg999.co.uk/gpx/osmarenderremoved.html
http://pgg999.co.uk/gpx/osmarenderremoved.html

I had setup base layers, with default to Mapnik, and Osmarender as an
alternate.
			map.addLayer(new OpenLayers.Layer.OSM.Mapnik("Mapnik"));
			map.addLayer(new OpenLayers.Layer.OSM.Osmarender("Osmarender"));

The problem is Osmarender. When I remove it as a base layer all is OK.
Is there a known problem with Osmarender? (A quick Google didn't find
anything).

I am using what I assume to be current default version of openlayers and
openstreetmap scripts thus:

Cheers,
Peter