[OpenLayers-Users] Fwd: ANNOUNCEMENT: OpenLayers 2.12 RC1!

Greg Allensworth gregor at greeninfo.org
Wed Mar 28 11:49:28 EDT 2012

Thanks so much, Eric, for passing that on. How very exciting!

Can anyone clarify a few of the items, to really stir up the excitement
over here? :)

> CSS-based tile animation

Is this some new alternatives to transitionEffect:'resize' ? Maybe a
transitionEffect:'fadein' like Bing and Google do?

> continuous zooming

I thought this was in 2.11 ? Or is it now supported for some commercial
layers like Google?

> tile offline storage

Oh, interesting. Any demos or explanation of this? I've never tried it,
but assumed that one could use file:// URLs to read TMS tiles from local
disk. Is this something more extensive?

> Another highlight is the "light" and "mobile" builds included
> in the OpenLayers distribution,

Nice. :)

--
Greg Allensworth, Web GIS Developer
BS  A+  Network+  Security+  Linux+  Server+
PH: 415-979-0343 x302  FX: 415-979-0371    email: gregor at greeninfo.org
Web: www.GreenInfo.org     www.MapsPortal.org

Subscribe to MapLines, our e-newsletter, at www.GreenInfo.org