[OpenLayers-Users] opacity slider for base layer

Robert Sanson Robert.Sanson at asurequality.com
Wed Mar 28 17:17:26 EDT 2012

What you can do is create a simple rectangular polygon as an overlay
(covering your map extent), and give it a white colour and then set an
opacity on it. I have used this to dull down a bright base layer.

Robert

>>> Andreas Heckwolf <andreas.heckwolf at menturagroup.com> 29/03/2012
9:13 a.m. >>>
Hello,

thanks for the hint. I will have a look at that. The reason behind
this
is to make it easier to see and recognize other objects on the map.

Cheers,

Andreas

On Thu, 2012-03-29 at 08:58 +1300, Phil Scadden wrote:
> GeoExt has such beast, I suggest you look over their code. I am
little
> surprised at the idea of opacity on a baselayer. Opacity lets you
"see"
> through to lower layers but the baselayer is at the bottom already??
>
> Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential. If received
in error please destroy and immediately notify us. Do not copy or
disclose the contents.

Dipl.-Ing. Andreas Heckwolf              Voice : +358 40 5847 445
  Mentura Group Oy                         Fax: +358 424480 800
    Lönnrotinkatu 32 A 26 00180 Helsinki www.menturagroup.com