[OpenLayers-Users] export layer

Francesco Geri francescogeri at yahoo.it
Thu May 3 08:29:14 EDT 2012

Hello.
I would like to know if is possible to export a vector layer with openlayers without the use of server-side language. In particular my aim is to export a subselection of a vector layer generated starting from a gml file. Practically I imported a gml file in a openlayers script, then I generate the new vector layer with some geographical information stored in the nodes and then I projected it. Through a selection function I give the possibility to the user to select some feature and I would like to have the possibility to export these selected features.
Is possible to do this without the help of server-side languages?

Thanks,

Francesco