[OpenLayers-Users] workaround for kml size limit

michelle lee michellelee0223 at gmail.com
Wed May 9 11:14:13 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I am developing a map to display flood disaster on map, I need paint
counties with different colors based on the flood severity values and popup
a window to display some detail info when user click the map. I use OL with
KML format and it is fine for my test when the disaster affects a small
amount of counties, but got problem for cases when the flood affects
multiple provinces since the polygon files are pretty big for counties. I
googled online and found that the kml has a size limit for 10mb, any
alternative solution for this problem?

Thanks ahead for your help.
Michelle